Members of the CCCR team have been deeply engaged in the creation of financial instruments and institutions that make capital a catalyst of community-controlled change, rather than its stumbling block:
- Acted as consultants to Vancity Credit Union on a proposed multi-credit union development bank.
- Advised Coast Capital Savings on the initiation of its first program relating to community economic development finance.
- In the publication Tools and Techniques, CCCR staff assembled a catalogue of instruments for addressing gaps in the financing of community-based initiatives.
- In the context of delivering a federal program in entrepreneur development, CCCR provided course work and consultation on the financing of new businesses.
- CCCR worked with Vancity Credit Union to create its Self Reliance Loan Program and to develop a training program in character-based lending for loan managers.