September 4 – 23, 2016 Monte Ginezzo, Tuscany, Italy
Located outside the Etruscan hill town of Cortona in Tuscany, the Synergia Summer Institute for Commonwealth Transition offers an intensive program of exploration, instruction, dialogue, and practical training on transition models for the realization of an ethical economy. The Synergia Summer Institute applies the knowledge and practice of co-operation, economic democracy, and the commons to address the central issues of sustainability and social wellbeing at local, regional and global levels. The overarching focus of the Synergia program is to answer the question: What is the ethical economy and how does it work? The course will provide a critical overview of the contours of this new political economy and the mechanisms required for its realization.
The Synergia Summer Institute is very privileged to offer some of the very finest minds and practitioners in their respective felds of study and practice. Confirmed instructors include:
- Michel Bauwens: P2P Foundation
- Pat Conaty: New Economics Foundation and co author, The Resilience Imperative
- Renate Goergen: Le Mat Europe
- Christian Iaione: Guglielmo Marconi University of Rome
- Mike Lewis: Canadian Centre for Community Renewal and co author, The Resilience Imperative
- Julie MacArthur: University of Auckland and author, Empowering Electricity: Sustainability Co-operatives and Power Sector Reform in Canada
- Robin Murray: Cooperatives UK
- Jason Nardi: RIPESS Europe
- John Restakis: Community Evolution Foundation and author, Humanizing the Economy – Co-operatives in the Age of Capital
- Marco Tulli: Off Grid Academy
Early Bird Registration: 2,600 Euros, includes accommodation, travel to site visits, and meals for the full 3 weeks (except weekends). Registration after July 30 is 2,700 euros. Registration deadline: August 5.
To view / download the Synergia Summer Institute brochure, click here